Friday, March 5, 2010

Interview with Terry's Client Bill Garrison


What is your latest project? Tell us about it.


“The Solomon Project” is currently being pitched. It is a corporate suspense novel about a corporate prodigy that discovers fraud at the company he is working for. The fraud may involve his family and closest friends, and threatens to destroy everything believes in. The plot revolves around a construction company bidding for a large state contract. I have experience in that field, so I was able to “write what I know”

Where do you get your inspiration from?


I really get inspired by the feeling I get from reading a good book, whether it be thrills, chills or tears. I want to create the same feeling in the reader when they read my novel.

What has been the hardest part of writing your latest book and how did you overcome it?

It’s been awhile, so I can’t remember too much, but I did learn a lot about POV while writing that book. It finally clicked for me.

What do you hope people will take away from reading your book?


I want people to realize they don’t have to be a pastor or a minister or a saint to be a witness to someone. No matter what you’ve done or how far you’ve fallen, God can still use you for someone who is searching.

What new projects are you working on?


Current project is “The Day She Died,” a suspense novel with an element of time travel. Who hasn’t wished they could relive their formative years knowing what they know now? I know I have. That served as a launching point for this novel in which the main character gets to relive parts of his life, including the day his girlfriend was murdered, to try and find out who killed her.

Where can people find out more about you and your writing? The programs and speaking that you do?

I’m not published, so I’m not active in speaking or teaching yet, but I’m on facebook and shoutlife and have web domains bought for future use…

What is the best writing advice you ever got? The worst?


Best would be that “being a published writer is hard” which helped me realize I couldn’t do it all by myself and that it was okay to ask for help. ACFW has been a great resource for me.

Anything else you'd like to take this opportunity to say?


Other than that Terry is the best agent ever, I think there is no greater thrill than reading a good book. The publishing industry may change over time, but there will always be a place for good writers.

2 comments:

A J Hawke said...

Hi Bill,

I look forward to your book being published. One of the best pieces of advice I received is keep telling your stories in spite of the wait for publication. Sounds as if you already know that. It sounds as if you are well on your way toward publication. Course having an agent like Terry is a plus.

Blessings on you and yours,

A J Hawke

Loree Lough said...

What an enlightening interview! Thanks for sharing it with us, Bill and Terry!

Looking forward to reading this book, so I'm praying it sells soon!

Hugs,
Loree