Monday, December 19, 2011

FAMILY IS ALL THAT MATTERS by Linda S. Glaz




Here we are, Christmas 2011. And in another week, we'll be headed for 2012. Have you accomplished any of the things on your "to do" list for 2011? Did you get that book pubbed? Did you make your first million? What did you accomplish that you can look back on and say it defined you?

Perhaps, you donated a great sum of money to the needy. You bought a bag of food for a hungry soul. Did you reach out to a person in need of God?

There are lists of good deeds and wonders that are within our reach. But how often do we overlook the most important acts of all? Did we kiss a loved one? Did we lift them up when they needed it? Did we sacrifice something we wanted to make a family member's life better?

There's no right or wrong answer, just a call to love those within reach of a hug.

Let today count...


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I accomplished anything on my to-do-list for 2011. Instead God checked off his to-do-list for me. I desired to attend one particular writer's conference he gave me a different one. I desired to be part of a writer's group he lead me to start one. When I didn't expect to return to the Philippines for mission work he made away. He brought my aged parents across the country to live by me so my family could serve them.
I am so amazed by that. Can't wait to see if my to-do-list for 2012 matches His list.

Yvonne Blake said...

I think we get so caught up in our agendas and goals that we don't appreciate the little things around us. People are important. We forget that. Thank you, Linda, for reminding us. (((hugs))

Jeanette Levellie said...

You are so right, Linda. When we get to Heaven, Jesus won't say, "Let's see your goal list."

Linda Glaz said...

Oh, Jeanette, if only He would we'd all be at the top of His list, wouldn't we? Writers are such busy people!

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Amen sister! Actually I did everything on the list this year!

Merry CHRISTmas!