Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Back from the Conference by Andy Scheer

For three days this past weekend, I wasn't alone in my pursuits.

I again found myself among more than a hundred people with similar goals -- people who didn't find my interests quaint, fruitless, or odd.

For three days I could easily learn more about the field and at times pass on information to willing listeners. I could talk shop using insider shorthand. And I could get answers from veteran experts, rather than rely on my own knowledge or comb the internet.

Faced with a vast array of resources for sale, I spent every dollar I'd budgeted – then an extra forty percent I'd squirreled away in case. I didn't get much sleep, but I filled my heart and spirit.

After three days packed with back to back sessions, I came home exhausted but happy. Digesting all the material I brought home will take a year.

By then I'll be ready to return. The dates are already marked on my calendar.

I hope you also have a favorite conference – a place you can call home and where for a few days, you don't have to pretend to be normal.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

You painted a scene with your words, and I love it! As far as normal...as I've gotten older, I realize how over rated normal actually is. Glad that you had a good conference experience. It will help all of us grow together!