Thursday, September 12, 2013

I'll meet you in Albuquerque by Terry Burns


I'll miss being at the ACFW Conference but I have a conflict, and the agency will be well represented with Joyce, Jim and Linda.

But it is less than a month until I am on the road again headed to the 2013 Class Christian Writing Conference in Albuquerque NM. This is the conference that I have attended the longest, starting as a fledging writer nearly 20 years ago when it was in Glorieta. When it moved to The Ghost Ranch in Abique NM I moved with it and Saundra and Mom started going with me.

It was at this conference that I actually came to terms with how I would use my faith in my writing ( detailed in my writing testimony at http://www.terryburns.net/Testimony.htm ). Mom has passed on, but Saundra will be with me as the conference undergoes another change and will be held at The First Baptist Church in Albuquerque October 17-19th. Linda Gilden and Gerry Wakefield do a terrific job with it and I always enjoy working with it very much.

A unique feature of this conference is the fact that they produce an anthology with the participants each year so if you are a beginning writer looking for an early publishing credit you can leave the conference not only having had a great educational and training experience, but with a publishing credit in hand.

You can find more information and a registration form at http://classeminars.org/training/writing where you will also find the faculty, the schedule, and all of the information you need about the conference. They have a special deal going right now, and if you are registered for the conference and want to refer a friend as well, you can earn a $50 Amazon Gift card in the process.

It's a great conference, and I hope to see you there.

4 comments:

Diana Flegal said...

Sounds wonderful Terry, I wish I could join you!

Andrea Cox said...

May your time at this conference be blessed, Terry! Wish I could come, but I have to work.

Cecelia Dowdy said...

I've never been to that conference before, but, it sure sounds like fun!

Linda McQuinn Carlblom said...

I'll see you there, Terry! I'm teaching a couple workshops again this year.