Monday, December 7, 2015

Does Christmas Bring You Joy? by Linda Glaz



Ribbons, bows, packages, and lights. Stars, snowflakes, and downtown Santas. That’s right; we’re in the Christmas season. And I love it. I admit to being a Cmasaholic! Of the absolute worst kind. I love it. I smile more, laugh more. I’m simply happier at Christmas time.

But writing scenarios tend to slow down this time of year. Way down.

And when I do hear from an editor, it’s generally a big no. Not always, but for the most part. Needless to say, I don’t care for negative outcomes to invade my Christmas cheer.

Still, I have to keep working, have to keep getting the word out on fabulous clients or my newest release. It isn’t easy. I want to be able to call a client and give them the best Christmas present ever. A contract! Or to read my sales numbers and find them through the roof.

So what’s a girl to do?

I guess it’s time to remember the actual reason for the season. Jesus. Time to reflect on His birth and the actual reason for the smiles, ornaments, and pine trees.

Time not to worry about books and contracts. Not check my email every five minutes in case an offer comes in. It’s time to remember why I smile more, laugh more, and feel happier than I have a right to be.

How about you? 

Does Christmas bring you joy for all the right reasons?

1 comment:

Diana Flegal said...

It is always good to do a prespective check. Merry, Merry Linda.